Published on July 11th, 2017 | by Gaelle Finley0
FRIENDS OF HANDSWORTH PARK
We’re really pleased that the Art Trail is going ahead in the park and an artist has been chosen for the first piece of art. More news to follow on this.
Maintenance work in the park is constant and the manager reported that repairs are being made to a pillar by a gate that was hit by a car.
There are lots of activities happening in the park this summer:
- Simmer Down 23rd July
- Women’s Try-Athlon – 16th july
- Jazz festival at st Mary’s Church 28th 29th 30th July
- Community Garden and Big Sleuth launch 30th july 12 – 3pm
- Birmingham Tree Trail – come and help design it 15th July 10am to 1pm at Sons of Rest at 10am
- Fitness activities every Sunday 1.30pm to 4pm
- Rowing on some Saturdays 12 – 3pm and boats on the lake
Details are on our website, facebook and twitter
We’re looking to do more litter picks and are thinking about doing a flower and produce show next year. The Friends group are really pleased that the new Head Gardener, George, has been able to improve the flower bed maintenance and that the park is looking more cared for. This is in spite of budget cuts.
There are gardening sessions at the community garden every Friday 11am to 1pm.
Have a great summer and hope to see you in the park!
Friends of Handsworth Park